Thursday 19 January 2012

A true story...




I was on my bed feeling pains all over my body.I just couldn't remember what happened to me the previous night...I tried standing up but it was serious hell..it was when I tried lifting my hand I noticed the bruises all over my hand...I screamed so loud for  help I could feel my brain ache. My neighbours rushed in to see what was happening.They all shouted JESUS! simultaneously when they saw me...they asked what  happened but I just kept looking at them too for explanations.I was taken to the nearest hospital..The Doctor said I had been raped.There were particles of broken bottles and sticks in my wounds.He asked how and when it happened but I told him I could not remember a thing.I went through series of operations.A doctor even said I might not see properly again because of the particles of broken bottles he had to remove from my eyes.I had to learn to walk all over again because my bones were broken...Trust me,I went through hell...I just couldn't stop wondering who might have done this to me.I couldn't remember a thing.
I was at home one morning 6months after the incident  still trying to figure out my problems when I heard this shy knock on my door..It was Onos..One of the naughty kids in my area.He said he just wanted to make sure I was alright..I was quite surprised cause I didn't know when Onos suddenly became nice..You see,these kids are very bad ones..they don't go to school,they steal and they are always not nice to people.I told him I was ok but that I was still trying to figure out who did that to me.From the way he was behaving,I knew he knew something that he wasn't telling me.I begged him with all the names of God I could remember before he finally told me what happened to me.
Ejiro,a stupid 16 year old thing,used juju on me!...he raped me several times and did so many stupid things to me...I even learnt he was making arrangements for another round..I was dumbfounded!...I had to ask Onos what he said I did to him...He said Ejiro told him that I keep calling him names whenever I see him..that I never mind my business...I was mad!.
I went straight to the police station..The officer on duty told me there was nothing the police could do about it..I went to his parents and they also said there was nothing they could do about it...You won't believe he came to my house that night...He bragged about everything he did to my face and he told me to prepare for him cause he would return soonest for another round...I still don't know where the inspiration came from,I ran straight to my kitchen,picked a knife and stabbed him a couple of times..I felt his soul leave his body but I just couldn't stop stabbing him..I killed Ejiro!..
I don't know how his parents heard about it but they came for his corpse..The following morning,there was this deafening knock on my door....The dead boy's folks were waiting outside my door...they were furious...They said they wanted justice..one of them had a gun,another was holding a cutlass,some of them had sticks and two of them had a tyre and a gallon of fuel...I didn't argue with them..I just kept saying my last prayers...I could say my dead folks already.
As they started beating me in turns,another group of boys came from nowhere.They said they were the youths of the town...they told Ejiro's folks to let me go that whatever I did was mere self-defense..They also warned them never to disturb me.They equally advised them to go and bury their son. Obediently,I was left alone.
This happened 2years ago..I still feel Ejiro's blood on my hands.I beg God for forgiveness everyday..I just pray I feel better as I have decided to share the story..Please pray for me too as you read my story...

No comments:

Post a Comment